***→ → → The Seminole ← ← ←*** DONE on Friday the 13th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok, much against my own advice, I'm joining the Build Off. With a newly acquired business and wedding on the way, I don't have much time in the near future, but I should be able to finish it later this summer.

I have no intentions of getting any votes, but since I want the bike built anyway, I might as well enter it. It is a modest build, and no where near the caliber of you freaks with the skills.

I told myself I'd never name any mode of transportation I have, so I'm naming this what it is already, a Seminole.

Do you want the long or short story? Ok, I'll give you the long story.

my fiance came out in garage one day and said "do you have a bicycle I can ride?" I didn't, so she's been riding my mountain bike, which is much too aggressive ergonomically than she likes. She likes the upright seating of a cruiser.

I found a Huffy Good Vibrations in the attic, and began to throw what parts I had at it.

7160029206_c41ba944a6_b.jpg

before I was finished with the mockup, I found this on CL for half the price of new. It was ridden 5 times, and still had the clear protective tape from the store. perfect. She's very happy with it, and we cruise the neighborhood a couple times a week on it. She's all smiles on it. (phew, I get my Nirve wheels back - two missions accomplished)

7160023474_0f28f7d649_b.jpg

so if you're still with me... while I was in the attic, I found this Seminole frame I bought from a nice fella on this forum. I forget his name.

7160016912_ca5ebd015f_b.jpg

he gave me an extra headbadge too. I lightly carressed it with a scuff pad.

7160006310_b9873ae1b0_b.jpg

I quickly threw the Nirve wheels on it (24x3 rear is a tight fit), and a Tioga chainring I also got here on the forum with an old Arai stem with cut down cruiser bars

7160041092_66cdb8d263_b.jpg

7160046796_2f3de2a4e3_b.jpg

I might decide to use this original dogleg crank from the bike, and convert the Nirve sprocket to a skiptooth:

7160034240_68c4dda9f8_b.jpg

I had these louvered side plates made for another bicycle (the guy made me two sets). I might have an idea on how to adapt them to the Seminole. we'll see

7159999454_ebfa42f383_b.jpg

so that's it. Those are my parts. it's probably going to be black. and I might add some hand painted accents to it, tbd.

Re: → → → The Seminole ← ← ←

love this thing so far man.

Ian, I was liking the girls Huffy. That tire and wheel combo makes anything look mean. Then I kept reading and saw your Seminole frame, gonna be cool. I remember those louvered tank panels....I smell a wicked "Hot Rod"!

Ian,
Glad you are getting in on the build! No matter what you will end up with a bike you like and I am sure you will ride the tires off it. Keep us updated. Still have to go back to Northampton, MA for a burger and brew!

Joe

Sweet parts and bike!! GTB!! Peace

Glad ya joined us Ian! :D Bike looks MEAN 8) Real nice wheelset :wink:

The girls bike wasn't looking bad either :mrgreen:

thanks for the support everybody.

Ya, you can't go wrong throwing those wheels at just about any frame huh. Sounds like I should make an effort to make those tank plates work.

Good stuff :!: This is going to be sweet 8) 8)

Beside the fact I dig your bikes ,,I must have one of those little roll around bike stands like the girls schwinn is on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually I need about 40 or more of them!

More pics! Sorry i am not very patiant.( is that how you spell patiant?)

thatismytruck said:
...you want me to muscle the stays apart so it will fit better? 8) :lol: :roll:

yes please Big Daddy! hahaha

Skipton said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
Great stuff!
Watching this one. :mrgreen:

thank you sir. I'm watching yours too.

Sweet! Dude, I need that frame. I've been looking for a skip tooth, straight bar, with a wide rear set type of set-up. <sigh> :D Going to be a nice build.
Watching.

Clark

thanks Clark.

what are you entering in the build off? come on, you gotta.

Back