▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Cycle Car Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much IMHO

To my eye, sans louver is more appealing. That could be a trick of light and color, though--the original 'louvers' are just painted on, correct?

Keep in mind that the color scheme and decals of the kiddie car body will almost surely change. The current "louvers" are just decals. With that said, who knows if the HD louver will make the cut or not. It was a cheap $3 option. I was afraid the seam between the two body panels was going to be a bit too rough, but it looks like I can blend it well with or without the louvers.

How to you plan to emulate the engine's sound?

I did a quick search and there are phone apps that will do it.

Eat plenty of chili from the Saturn Chili Company! :D :D :D

Or I might use this:

Ah yes...speed rail. Like Lebowski's rug, it really ties the room together.

I'm pleased with the mockup of the speed rail. I'll just have to work a little on a good front and rear transition. (probably with some of my trusty roof flashing)

Last edited:
I just popped in to see how you were doing with this @kingfish254 and I see is coming along smartly. I really think you’re on the right track here.

I was gonna post a whole lot of advice that you don’t need and so I will only add this: I would cut that steering wheel down or get another one that is like a bat wing or three-quarter sprint car wheel.

Because of modern culture it is difficult for me to tell people online just how I feel about steering wheels on a bicycle, but I think in this case it could be saved by making it a 2/3 cut-down or batwing drag racing wheel.

Anyhow, best of luck and I’ll catch up again at the finish line.

How to you plan to emulate the engine's sound?

I did a quick search and there are phone apps that will do it.
There's plenty of room in there for a blue tooth system, with a subwoofer! Just play this through your phone:

The multimedia section of my cave:
multi.jpg

I just popped in to see how you were doing with this @kingfish254 and I see is coming along smartly. I really think you’re on the right track here.

I was gonna post a whole lot of advice that you don’t need and so I will only add this: I would cut that steering wheel down or get another one that is like a bat wing or three-quarter sprint car wheel.

Because of modern culture it is difficult for me to tell people online just how I feel about steering wheels on a bicycle, but I think in this case it could be saved by making it a 2/3 cut-down or batwing drag racing wheel.

Anyhow, best of luck and I’ll catch up again at the finish line.

Thanks for checking in. Thanks for the ideas on the steering wheel, but I'm keeping it like it is. I love the look, and the way it rides with it, and the reactions that people have when they see it.

I really like it without the louvres. Would you consider a stripe down the middle?View attachment 238716

Still haven't decided much on the way of paint. I have a good number of inspiration pics, but no color or layout worked up yet.

Finally got around to easily peeling off the reflective strip from the fro t ture sidewall.

20230628_130448.jpg
20230628_130450.jpg
20230628_130522.jpg

hot rod speed hole rail material from the tile section of Home Depot.
That was a fantastic idea!

I'm really glad you went with the tank on this bike, it's so cool. I like how it looks with the narrowed grill section and the gap filled in behind the head tube. I knew this would be a cool build but, wow!

Found this roadster speedhole rail inspiration

1688176272956.png

Name change. The GASSER name has been bugging me because I feel it locks me into a gasser dragster theme, when really this has been feeling more like a hotrod supercharged roadster for a while to me. Been racking my brain for different names and decided to use 𝕋𝕆𝔸𝔻𝕊𝕋𝔼ℝ. Just a play on words of course. I've always thought DrTank's Toadmaster was an awesome build name. Not to be confused with the Toaster nose that OJ mentioned :D . Also, almost all of my personal gallery of inspiration images have been souped up Ford Roadsters because that is the shape I see when I look at the side view of this kiddie car body..

▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝕋𝕆𝔸𝔻𝕊𝕋𝔼ℝ ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Ratrod Roadster Using Two Kiddie Cars)​

Last edited:
BY THE WAY, A LITTLE ACTION FIGURE TOLD ME THAT THIS WEEKEND JAKE IS TRYING TO HUNT DOWN A BIKE TO BUILD.

Back