RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imelda Barcos is only giving us 2 bars to choose from? :grin:
I actually like Toro1978 's idea. Something more 'racy' and lower. That joint at your extended chain stay and down tube, mimic that some how. Maybe Chad at Chop Shop Customz has one of his available? I seem to remember his designs emulating kind of what I'm imagining. Everything else you have here with the frame, seat, wheels / tires, has such a cohesive style. The front end is already pretty high with the fork. I'm thinking something to 'draw it in' more and tighten it up. My .02.
Here's one I found on Chad's facebook page....

View attachment 79455

I have a set of drag bars like that and they are some of the first bars I tried with this build back in May. They just don't look or feel right for it. I'll look at lower bars once more, but they just aren't right.

I'm gonna be honest.
I think the mothra bars look cool, but not sure they belong.
The butterfly bars don't hit the mark.

What other bars do you have?

I have tried other bars and the only other ones that give me what I want are the Ruff bars that I had on it early on. I may try some others, but it is probably gonna be some sort of flying bug bars.

The big ones seem to fit the 'kingfish style' better.

:D That is part of the fun that I have always had with the build offs. Doing something out of the ordinary, rather than strictly adhering to a given theme or to make sure I don't disrespect a special frame. I have to have fun with my builds or it just isn't worth it. :grin:

Great feedback guys! I really appreciate it. It keeps me thinking.

I like the smaller bars but I see through ya rouse grasshopper. I think some slight of hand or misdirection is lurking. Or I may just be talking about my build. [emoji16]
YBJ2B!! Get ta ciffering and GTB!! PEACE
Great feedback guys! I really appreciate it. It keeps me thinking.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

74635_43e8cd43a330af4bf4c225bd01bd2090.jpg
Actually: here is the handlebar set up:
That goes best, with this build.

View attachment 79488 Actually: here is the handlebar set up:
That goes best, with this build.

:21::21: :eek::crazy:
I couldn't disagree more with you on this one. Those bars are the ones that I liked the least out of all the ones that I have tried. I am not a huge fan of moon bars because they are used soooo much on stretches and such (and of course angled upwards on so many beach cruisers and bum bikes). :D

I think moto handlebars would fit Your bike really well. Sometimes the simpler solution is the more elegant/fitting.

View attachment 79454

For Your ride in Chrom of course.
I think the Mothra and the Butterflys are way over the top and distract from the frame.

Clip Ons or High Drag would look cool, but not really what I am after with this build.

Small butterflies, spitting the difference in lining them up.
When I used this typeof bars on a build, lining up either half of the wing with the fork looked odd from different angles. Splitting the diff, looked better and felt better on my wrists. I think the big mothras go on the Screamer XL for sure.
But it's just my humble opinion...

Carl.

I like the smaller bars but I see through ya rouse grasshopper. I think some slight of hand or misdirection is lurking. Or I may just be talking about my build. [emoji16]
YBJ2B!! Get ta ciffering and GTB!! PEACE

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You are the master of subterfuge and distraction brother! :bandit:
This could be a trick to make people think I am turning right, when it's obvious I should turn left at Albuquerque :grin:
But it's not.
:crazy::banana::crazy:
OR IS IT???

Small butterflies, spitting the difference in lining them up.
When I used this typeof bars on a build, lining up either half of the wing with the fork looked odd from different angles. Splitting the diff, looked better and felt better on my wrists. I think the big mothras go on the Screamer XL for sure.
But it's just my humble opinion...

Carl.

No question that a set of Mothras will end up on Nanner Puddin, but that doesn't factor into this build at all. :D
I'll take a look at the angles again.

I just :showed your pics,; with all, or the diff bars: you posted, in journal. Showed all 47
People in the room I am in. & ask:
Which , each individual liked best on this build; 41 chose moonbars,
2 clubman, 1 small butterfly
; ( he, actually made the comment, as I did.. needs pulled back, .so, bar ends, are inline, w/forktube).:p:grin:, 2 big mama bars,,, & finally ,, the guy that said, " none,of the above'... 44" 6 point. Apes.:nod::39:.
O.k. there is results: from poll, asking, 47 singers, song writers , & musicians.:D

man,,
This bike, is so cool. You could run,, no bsrs; & steer by the fork tube.:thumbsup: RAT-On !

I just :showed your pics,; with all, or the diff bars: you posted, in journal. Showed all 47
People in the room I am in. & ask:
Which , each individual liked best on this build; 41 chose moonbars,
2 clubman, 1 small butterfly
; ( he, actually made the comment, as I did.. needs pulled back, .so, bar ends, are inline, w/forktube).:p:grin:, 2 big mama bars,,, & finally ,, the guy that said, " none,of the above'... 44" 6 point. Apes.:nod::39:.
O.k. there is results: from poll, asking, 47 singers, song writers , & musicians.:D

man,,
This bike, is so cool. You could run,, no bsrs; & steer by the fork tube.:thumbsup: RAT-On !

Wow, thanks for the great extent you went to for that poll. :eek:
I do appreciate it, but to put things in context, how much weight would those guys give to a poll of 50 bike builders on what chord progression would work best on the song that they were working on? :21::D:grin:

@kingfish254 .,
WAS NO EFFORT ON MY PART ;

On a break, & one dude ,seen what I was looking at :
Them he, yelled at others,
To look... After about: 2 min,
He had everyone, looking :giggle:
Somebody kept the tally;
When, I came back into the room:
& seen what they had done.
Just had to share.:happy:

Furthermore ,About ,25 or better..
of those guys; ride & /or build Custom Harleys, & Choppers.
That's what sparked, Their, poll.:D

As for polling , anyone,,on : harmonic progression....
Music Theory, proceeds.:bigboss:
Besides,,
These people: Know. What their doing...therefore..
No need for a poll.:happy:

RAT ON !

Sounds like a fun time!

I just noticed the small butterflys are rusty, so no. I can tell you want to use the Mothra bars so do it. It doesn't matter how many people try to stop me from doing something, I still have to do my own thing. Do it, do it, do it.

Carl.

Back