☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also needed to paint the turbine spike stripes but could not access my small brushes so I made one and sprayed some red in a can top.

WP_20150725_14_04_42_Pro.jpg

Like this, for example. :cool2: Only thing you're missing are the crossed flags.

14461500553_ab411c037b_o.jpg

I bet it would fit right in the trunk, too.:grin:

I apologize for thinking you were giving me grief. We are on exactly the same page! Actually, you could put 3-4 of these in that trunk.

Since I am going to use braided stainless on the handlebars I thought of a cool way to get some subtle red in there. Tested out a scrap piece of handlebar by painting it red. The red just barely shows up through the braids.
WP_20150725_17_19_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20150725_17_08_51_Pro.jpg

I was satisfied with the test so I painted the bars.

WP_20150725_17_27_39_Pro.jpg

Yeah, that was finalized a while back. But the whole bars intermission was fun.

This thing is going to look so cool. Love the turquoise and white. Hopefully next time I will will have the time to get a little more creative like this. Can't wait to see it assembled.

Got second coat on most parts .
Two parts aren't drying so I'll strip then and start over
Taped and painted the white vent darts in one skirt.

WP_20150726_11_39_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20150726_11_50_06_Pro.jpg

Here is a simple trick if you need skinnier tape when masking. Get a long straight edge and a cutting pad and an exact knife.

WP_20150726_11_58_11_Pro.jpg

second skirt came out well too.
WP_20150726_14_56_15_Pro.jpg

B!! THAT PAINT JOB IS AWESOME. YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN BROTHER. MAKES ME WISH I HAD PAINTED MINE. IS IT STILL TIME....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, it's getting there a bit at a time. So many smaller parts, there is a bunch of hurry up and wait on the paint. Had to strip and repaint two parts. Also occasionally there have been blemishes or paint fubars that I have had to address. I don't forsee any issues making the deadline, but I don't think I'll get final pics until this weekend. Luckily I can ride my bike to photo locations all over the city.

Back