10/22 1959 Schwinn Typhoon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
09/11 Traded two old non-working victrolas for the frame and fork only
09/12 Decided to just clean and hang it in the shed
09/13 Took it back out of the shed to give to friend who declined wanting another cantilever Schwinn frame
09/14 Decided to make a Klunker
09/16 Done with parts gathering and buildup of bike... took it out and pounded on it for almost four hours straight with friend round town during pub ride. We broke away from the pack and rode all over town.

Figured I would post picture of it as it stands before I try my darndest to break it... :D

005.jpg

VERY nice! I like your bikes and shop - and wish I had just a few of your parts!

Good luck to all in our never ending quests - now I shall go forth and start filling my garage...

OneRearGear

Nice! But not a Typhoon, not if it dates to 59 any way. :wink:

Slick Rick said:
Nice! But not a Typhoon, not if it dates to 59 any way. :wink:

ser# K972636

Well... chainguard may have been wrong.... but it sure matched the frame to a T.... Orig. color was that candy red color.... chainguard and frame had same amount of patina and wear to it...

What models were availiable in 59?

garagegoon said:
ser# K972636
Well... chainguard may have been wrong.... but it sure matched the frame to a T.... Orig. color was that candy red color.... chainguard and frame had same amount of patina and wear to it...

What models were availiable in 59?
Jaguar, Corvette, Tiger, Spitfire, Speedster all had the cantilever frame. Plus the Panther II, but that frame has clips for the tank on it. There was a Hornet and Deluxe Hornet too, I think they were canti's too that year. Should be an American model, but it's not on the 59 price list. -Adam

Back