Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay guys, here is my last try.

My first two attempts at a build went way wrong.

Too much money and too much time Involved in both prior projects.

Here is my last attempt.

1936 Colson Double bar (Rainbow frame)

Long wheel base and a whopping 20.5" seat tube.

Complemented by 30" wide bars. I'm tall so this will be nice.

bbfa7091b4f172fc03a976d71c05b77c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this mean if I delay our trip to the V, that I might be able to prevent you from completing your entry? :arghh::crazy:
Can't wait to see you work your magic on this big boys bike.

This looks like the same bike king Fish just picked up . Looks like a real beauty [emoji106]

This looks like the same bike king Fish just picked up . Looks like a real beauty [emoji106]

Tyler was fast on this one. He contacted me before I was even on the road to pick it up.

Ok now this is making sense [emoji848]

As soon as I saw him post it I made him an offer on it.

We are both in Georgia...he's coming up to Atlanta for business and we'll make the deal happen then.

Tyler was fast on this one. He contacted me before I was even on the road to pick it up.

Gotta be quick around these parts. No shame in being a vulture when it comes to crusty old Colson's.

Hmmm, a Colson huh? This will be something new for you.

Very nice start. Can't wait to see it after you put the AVBS touch to it! This is the long version of my Colson frame, now I know what it's supposed to look like.:happy:

Hmmm, a Colson huh? This will be something new for you.

Very nice start. Can't wait to see it after you put the AVBS touch to it! This is the long version of my Colson frame, now I know what it's supposed to look like.:happy:

Yeah,

If you look at the two build attempts before this...you can see how I slowly fell back into my comfort zone.

Here is another Rat Rod built with the same frame as mine.

24947b897481a0c728260c0bdb964b9f.jpg

I'll be going in a more "original" direction. Not a restoration but a refurbish wish some sudden custom elements.

b04f6c89ac753a5efe99af36808e8911.jpg

The bikes in the ad look kinda plain, having never seen a colson it makes me wonder. I thought all the cool old bikes had fender lights and reflectors.
Still have ALOT to learn about the oldies.

Back