1939 Elgin peanut butter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u5udezyz.jpg

Been working on and off on this elgin
For a couple of months, this is how I got it,

be3a7e5e.jpg

Then I lowered the seat and painted it w vinyl saddle tan paint and tried a rear 24x3 tire but I didn't like it
And it didn't fit anyways

7a6a6eva.jpg

yqyne9e6.jpg

u5aja9e4.jpg

Started working on the frame, gave it some fake patina and weathering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
tuty6u3e.jpg

Had these brown quick brick tires laying around for awhile and new I had to use them on this build
Found some wheels with heavy gauge spokes at separate swapmeets, front says it's a "cmc rim" and rear looks like an s2, has the look, the knurls, Bendix coaster brake arm, but I can't find any stamps on the wheel

Last edited:
ru6yqy2y.jpg

Tried the combo on and it just didn't seem right, it wasn't the look I had in mind, looked too aggressive, and I was going for that traditional rat rod hot rod weathered look,...

apasahup.jpg

So I painted the rear wheel the same saddle tan as the seat, wasn't sure if the paint would work on metal but it seems to cover fine, and that brown and tan colored wheels and tire combo is what got it it's name, a member on a fb group commented and said it looked like a Reece's chocolate covered peanut butter. And then withe black orange and cream paint scheme!
I thought it was hilarious

Thanks Luke, u know what it is comfortable to ride but I absolutely hate that I cannot slam the seat down more Closer to the frame. That integrated seat post clamp prevents it from doing so. I think it kills the flow of the frame to have it sticking up like that so high. But I wouldn't wanna cut it just Incase I sell it.

Back