1946 challenger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
so ive had this for quite some time. i do not like to repaint old bikes but this one was too gone.. oxidization process turned the original red into a peach color (no self respecting man with his entire body tattooed should be on a pinkish bike) and the top bar was sanded down to metal. with that said i painted her.. and no i didnt rattle can lol i wouldnt be able to sleep at night if i did.. i used 6 different tones in my attempt to paint a sort of rust look. powder coated the wheels and switched out the sweetheart sprocket for the clover and am using a single red band bendex hub.. kept the fenders dented for character and reused as much of the hardware as possible. alls i need are some truss rods ( if n e one has any for the working class single dad price pm me)..

Nice! You build some cool bikes!
Thanks man I appreciate that. I'm a purist most my bikes are original paint ones but I've been slowly branching off. My next project is a 1934 rollfast im calling dillenger (year dillenger was public enemy #1) im gonna give it a slick black and white paint job and try to incorporate a tommy gun into it some how.

Thanks man I appreciate that. I'm a purist most my bikes are original paint ones but I've been slowly branching off. My next project is a 1934 rollfast im calling dillenger (year dillenger was public enemy #1) im gonna give it a slick black and white paint job and try to incorporate a tommy gun into it some how.
That sounds cool! Hope to see some pics when it's done.

Back