1946 Westfield (figured out)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got this from militarymonark. Its a Westfield but dont know what year. The tubes in the back at the seat post are 1 1/2 inches apart. The ones on the 41 Westfield ar 1 inch apart...Tank I have just almost fits.pooie. Not quiet finished with my Hawthorne build ..but this one peaked my intrest. I wanted a lime green bike and I guess here it is....so far. Have most of the stuff to do this one with old parts...good skiptooth chain . Had the crank and sprocket powdercoated so I'm moving right along. it has a differant headbadge that has a big eagle and the screws are on the side instead of the top like the 41. Anybody got any ideas???

westfieldbuild2003.jpg

Re: some year Westfield

swap meets on the 22nd.! wont be hard to pick this one out! :lol: :lol: like to see the hawthorne finished! :)

Was this frame medium blue originally? If so, I have your tank now. :lol: I like the color! Very vibrant and well chosen. Pictures of the dropouts could probably help with further frame identification.

I have a reproduction tank that fits a 1938 to a 1941 I think and it wont fit. It leaves a gap in the rear around the tank.

Well I threw some parts on to get and idea of where I'm going ....and hate it. The paint isnt drying right the black forks look silly ..The wheels and crank look good.. So I guess its back to the drawing board. I'm thinking maybe yellow ......hummmm Gonna be alot of lime green paint on the floor of my shop. :shock: :shock:

wf8003.jpg

wf8004.jpg

wf8005.jpg

Some fenders with a light and a tank ....and you have got a Green Lantern :mrgreen:

The green is a little bright. A butter yellow would look good with the gray powder coat.

awww....it doesnt look bad enough to repaint it!
just do some scallops up front in black and pins the same color as the wheels(the forks id go with green darts or stripes)

Sometimes you know when you have made a mistake. Felt like that on the first two wives. :shock: Just looking at it I know its not the direction I want to go. I have a friend that has some really dark purple off of a 2007 nissian truck. I'm going to strip it back down and get him to shoot it for me. Should look a bunch better,since this one is a not for sale bike ...for me. :lol:

Obviously just my .02, but you may not have to change the fork color. I'm redoing a super ugly womens cruiser by changing it into a cruiser type bike. It originally had gray forks and an ugly 80's teal blue frame paint jorb. I wanted to change the fork color to black as I could not reproduce the frame color, but only painting the forks would have been a bit abrupt. So i opted to paint the had tube and some short darts to blend it more. I think it looks better:

before:

after:

That green looks like the color of my snott when i had a sinus infection. :lol:
I painted my Roadmaster perple, and man the chicks dig it. :mrgreen:

Yeah for some reason if you paint or build something and its not up to what your expectations are its time to get the ol wire brush out and change it. I still have 5 or 6 bikes to build so redoing paint on one is no biggie. It gives me a reason to do something....right or wrong ....keeps me off the streets.

Uncle Stretch said:
I still have 5 or 6 bikes to build so redoing paint on one is no biggie

How about another from Idaho? :mrgreen: Probably 40 bucks roundtrip for shipping

maddogrider said:
That green looks like the color of my snott when i had a sinus infection. :lol:
I painted my Roadmaster perple, and man the chicks dig it. :mrgreen:
dont mean to be rude but snot is usally boston creme yellow trust me i know i have had many sinsus infections.i love the seat its super duper cool-a-roony rustic dude and it would look even more cool-a-roony with that color scheme rat rod is suggeting and those green tires it will look like a green hornet bike :D

Most def.That's the way to go.Maybe a black chain or sprocket to break up the green a little more on the bottom? Tuff and flashy.Definately has your stamp on it. :mrgreen:

Back