1946 Westfield (figured out)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: some year Westfield

Ok the wife decided I needed to keep going..... sooooo. Ill keep going and if at the end it still looks bad ill redo it. The rims are skiptooth new departure really the ones that go on the year. Not redoing them to black. painted the chainguard black and im thinking that will do for there. Ill do black scollops and see. May paint the forks lime green too. Ill try some differant things and maybe i can save the paintjob. :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:

Uncle Stretch...what is the serial # of that bike? The real WW2 military issued Columbia's had the badge screws on the sides instead of the top and bottom. If the serial starts with "MC" you might have a rare old military frame. B607

A purple-green combo is always cool. Flashy too.

B607 said:
Uncle Stretch...what is the serial # of that bike? The real WW2 military issued Columbia's had the badge screws on the sides instead of the top and bottom. If the serial starts with "MC" you might have a rare old military frame. B607

its k24193 probably just a weird frame doubt if its anything rare. Crassly said he looked at all of his pics of westfields and if its a prewar it has the ears for the stand and if its a post war it has the droupouts the other way. So no ideas yet on a year and there arnt alot of serial numbers listed for westfields.
after some research I found a post and it says westfields use the letter for the year. starting with a =36 b=37 and so on. Mine being a k would make it a 46. looking at the sales catalogs on daves vintage bikes they made the 3 star and 5 star with forward droupouts the m69 standard even as late as 48 looks like mine ....rear dropouts and the same crank and skiptooth sprocket. So mine must be a 46 m69 standard. So much for prewar ha ha

that is super purdy and dude where did you get those green tires and dude do you want to sell them?

any updates?
sorry for hijacking for a second.....
but im pretty sure those tires are real
chimichanga said:
I picked these up today. What do you guys think about green wall tires?
_DeviceMemory_home_user_pictures-1.jpg
chimichanga said:
Here are some better pictures of the tires
IMG_3741.jpg

Back