1949 Chain Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from the original owner.She got this for her 7th Christmas in 1949.Was purchased here in Kansas City at the Sears store.She said she was balance challenged and this was a gift from her Father.I guess Chain Bike had a history with Sears?Also werent they a parent company for Ross?I got it for my girlfriend because she fell in love with it.20" front tire and 16" rears.Skiptooth chain needs oiled but it still rides smooth.I can see it gettin a little rehab..not too much though.
4b373f3f.jpg
0e00dd98.jpg
2d0c417d.jpg

CBC did make a few bikes for Sears, mostly in the mid 50s. Murray had the lion's share after 1937, but they also sourced bikes from Monark, Stelber, Puch, Westfield, and Huffy over the years. -Adam

Yeah, the Crackerbarell local here has a Prewar bike hanging.Looks like someone Shilac-ed it,the whole bike looks Uber glossed.Not for sale either,i told em i'd give em an old 10 speed on trade. :lol: With a bit of cash too of course.If i was a Mgr. there it would already be replaced with a 10 speed. :idea:

Back