1950's style custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the bike im going to try to have atleast rideable for the bike ride on my birthday April 15 2010 in Kent wa. (I'm also working on a antique Hartford track bike). I'm going to streatch the rear end 1 1/2 feet. I'm moving the seat back too, and droping it. The fork will be a whizzer double springer (like an old harley fork). The hub will be a Bendex 2 speed " kick back". I'm using Electra rims (black or red... havn't decided yet, the frame will be flat black of cource :) ). I also picked up a speedomiter for it. And as far as the handle bars... i'm either going with a flat bar or ape hangers. The seat isn't 50's, it is actually from arround 1910... but i like it, so i'm using it :) The licence plate is an original from 1954 in mint condition!
redbike.jpg

2speed.jpg

speed.jpg

seatold.jpg

licence.jpg

Ow and when it's done... there is a big hill in Bonney Lake wa that i would race down on my bikes as a teen... i'm taking this up there to see how fast i can get that speedomiter up to :) This is what your face looks like coming down it... :shock:

Back