1952 Schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering which model this one is. The front fork is throwing me off. Not sure if its bent, or if any of them came like that.

Are you sure there's not another number hiding behind the washer that would make it a different serial code? And yes the fork is bent.

Could be 1952 but this was also the first year for the serial to appear on the left rear dropout and not the bottom bracket.
04/04 to 04/30 ------- B78698 ------------------ E99356

Could be a 1953
10/17 to 10/19 ------- B75257 ------------------ B82212

Could be 1957
02/21 to 02/25 ------- B77366 ------------------- B92866

They changed serial number stampings mid year in 1958 so it could be a February of '58

They changed to a new system in '65 so it's not a '68.

Heres something to ponder: I had one of these and the fork was "bent" in the same exact position. I also know of at least four other people that have had this bike, and yes, the fork was "bent" exactly the same on those too. ...?

The guy I got it from said he purchased it in 1953 and it was used. Thats what led me (after looking up the serial) to think it was a 52. The bend in the fork seems too perfect to be a curb job, but I could be wrong. Its been repainted. Says arnold schwinn on the head badge. 3 Speed.

The front hub is...interesting. Speedo?

The fork is bent. I have seen many like that and they always look good, but they are bent.

Front hub is an old drum hub or maybe dyno hub(12v.)

Looks like its a 1952 world traveler that is missing the dyno front hub. Fork will need to be replaced. Thanks for the help everyone!

Back