1953 Red Phantom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys sorry in advance. I don't have a pic. A Gentlemen has a 53 Red Phantom for sale. It's solid with no rust. Paint is faded pretty well. Fenders have a smoky film on them. It's original and solid. No noticeable dents. Horn is working. Original seat had been recovered badly. He bought an aftermarket look alike for it. Old seat core goes with bike. Has a fork mounted siren he put on it. Tires are old but not typhoons.

What's a fair value for someone like us that collect? Thx.

1918 Ranger

Just firing a shot in the dark, sounds like an aged original in rider condition but needs a seat and comes with a siren, around $400-500 is my ball park guess. Locking springers, hub types, sprockets, rack type, tail light ... the cooler the stuff the higher the offer would be. With a pic I would tell you what I would offer, how bad you want it often affects the price too though :wink:

Bendix rear hub and I believe locking fork is in place. Definately 60 years of paint fade and wear but no rust anywhere I saw. Should kick myself for not shooting a pic. Older gent that cannot do a digital pic.

1918 Ranger

Some pics finally

rabuqa5u.jpg

pumemeqy.jpg

juhunebe.jpg

Horn does work.

Value thoughts. ??

1918 Ranger

Thanks. I did work a deal I felt good about on the phantom. Hauled it home yesterday. One smooth springer ill say.

1918 Ranger

The siren makes up for the seat condition in my opinion especially with the core, I'd be hard pressed to let that one get too far away myself. Those older springers do seem to have a smoother ride than the remakes too. Like riding in 60's/70's 4 door sedan land yacht compared to a modern day throw away go kart. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back