1953 Schwinn Corvette Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this one on CL last night and grabbed it up this am. Anyone ID that rear hub? I haven't had a good look at the bike and its in the back right now, dark out, so I don't know if its a hollow axel and an Bendix manual 2 speed or what. I have had one or two of those and dont recall the hub looking like that but...maybe you will inform me! Here it is:

*this will be headed to a want to trade ad very soon so keep an eye out!

Nice find. Your bike was built Feb. '59, I can see the serial number. I love those stainless fenders that came on Corvettes and Jags.

Bendix 2-speed lever action hub. '59 was the last year they were made. The kickback came out in '60. Your hub needs parts. You need the part that screws on the axle and moves the pin inside the hollow axle, cable and lever. If you rebuild this hub, disassemble it from the brake arm side. Gary

Gary ~ uhhh'doi ~ haha So I saw this line

09/22 to 09/24 ------- B00001 ------------------ B09436

and for some reason breezed over it and thought, "Oh B00001, must be like mine!" Frankly, I have no idea what I was thinking! :banana:

Crassly ~ I appreciate it but I want to upload this one so I am going to leave the rebuild/parts location and acquisition to the next owner! I really just want to swap it for an old bmx bike! But I will let the new owner know that you have the part they need! Thanks

Back