1956 schwinn pig bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well after messing with my genesis with these ape hangers i decided to build uip my 56 schwinn 24 inch bike.
basically all i did was put a nanner sissybar and the long ... apes on it and some grips i had laying around.
so not really a build but here it is.
enjoy

thanks luke
i thought about doing it musclebike style but the frame is all wrong for a muscle bike.
since i found this sweet bike shop(will post in part suppliers later he's awesome and has everything form original to nos stuff and really cheap.) and i been edging to do a pig bike build, this is a good candidate.
i wasn't gonna paint it but im kinda feeling a satin black with red wheels.
undecided on the paint just yet but i am gonna do a little more changing to it and make it cool.
fuzzy dice are in the future of this bike as well as mirrors.
more updates soon
Sean

well i couldn't leave well enough alone.
i tore this bike down and am doing some bodywork and repainting it flat black with red whels.
pics soon i kinda just went in elbow deep and its in pieces
once the body filler dries and the paint i will sand everything and reassemble it all then take a pic.
sean

well i finally painted the bike.
and reassembled everything.
i am still working on the fenders but i may keep them off i kinda like this look.
here she is at the moment and pretty much done with a little touching up to do.

before pic.

that's all for now i am gonna finish repairing the fenders ans then i will decide if i wanna keep them or not.
this one is pretty much done otherwise
Sean

thanks luke
she's not perfect but im happy with the results.
she captures the ratrod image i been trying to capture.
i still need a different fork and to make a few adjustments but shes a good rider.
sean

yeah there too short
i can't put the bolt on top just the retainer(or whatever its called.lol)
i need a pair of forks about an inch longer on the steer tube
these ones work but they keep coming loose on me and i have to keep tightening them.
my lbs is looking for a chrome pair but i may just take a regular pair and paint them black.
i will post a pic of the issue as soon as my phone decides to start working again lol
Sean

heya bone daddy
thanks for the kind words. it was a fun build
truth be told im not sure how tall they are
im guessing their at least 36 inches.
their more for looks though id not trust them too much their really flexy
i really did enjoy this build and i am gonna enjoy riding it even more.
sean

Back