1959 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nnnn008.jpg

002.jpg

dang i want to use four letter words i cant say here. so i will stick with COOL!!!!

karfer67 said:
dang i want to use four letter words i cant say here. so i will stick with COOL!!!!

"Whoa' is a four letter word. And one that I would use for this project.

A quick mock up :D
I am going to make a new neck for it and some handle bars.
I am waiting for the bottom bracket to come in. I will also put a chain guard on it too.
I plan to pound out my first gas tank for this bike.
It will have a 3 speed hub and the shifter will be under the seat on the seat tube. :shock:
The bike will be murdered out except for the rims and cranks. They will have a brushed metal look to them.
I hope everyone likes it as much as I do.
Blue 8)
rybg010.jpg

poverty with a view said:
A quick mock up :D
I am going to make a new neck for it and some handle bars.
I am waiting for the bottom bracket to come in. I will also put a chain guard on it too.
I plan to pound out my first gas tank for this bike.
It will have a 3 speed hub and the shifter will be under the seat on the seat tube. :shock:
The bike will be murdered out except for the rims and cranks. They will have a brushed metal look to them.
I hope everyone likes it as much as I do.
Blue 8)
rybg010.jpg

ive got that same desk you have behind the bike lol

Awesome! Truly inspiring as I just bought a new welder and have been itching to put it to good use. Just got to wait for nicer weather.

It has been a very mild winter here in Tahoe. Very close to the worst winter on record. I still haven't done much riding. To be honest, I'm afraid to hit a patch of black ice. The itch hit me today and I put it together for a ride.
I'm not finished yet. All my parts are on order. It will have a 3 speed hub. I will sandblast the seat pan then hit it with sand paper putting a nice brushed look on it. Then clear it, and get new chrome springs. I will have a chrome double rim 26x1.75 x 2 in the back with a 26x1.75 tire stretched over that. Up front a single 26x1.75 chrome brushed rim with a 26x1 1/8 tire. I will hit the chrome rims with sand paper, give it that brushed look. Clear it. Strait laced with black spokes and nipples. The hubs will be black. The whole bike will be black :D :D except the cranks and sprocket will be chromed with the same brushed look as the rims.
I think I will heat the stem up and get the bars to come back a bit. I'm not sure if I want a chain guard yet. I will have a stubby fender up front with an orange racing stripe. Gusset the head tube. Some day I would like to make a tank for it. Ratty!
new017.jpg

new016.jpg

new015.jpg

I like it. Long and low goin slow.

Nice transition of the top tubes and killer rake. I can see a tank plate will work and double as your gusset. Pre-think mounting points in the tank plate for your new hand beat 3 D tank and start pounding out that baby, best of both worlds. Tank plate aka gusset and split removeable 3 D tank. Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Looks like you will be ready for Cyclefest 2012 with this sweet hand built custom.

Can't wait to see live in color. Great job Blue.

I can see where you are going with this. Might have to change your name to orange/black (OB).

Back