1965 TYPHOON DELUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Bought this bike last week off of a fellow member....slow64vw.

Here's the before shot

Picture149.jpg

And here she is with a bit of ratatouille. :wink:

100_5843-1.jpg

100_5839-1.jpg

100_5838-1.jpg

100_5842-1.jpg

Pulled the racks off...added some 50s model Schwinn handlebars and some blue glitter grips and flipped it board track style.

Also threw on some Schwinn bow pedals and some flag valve caps. Just need to find the perfect seat now.

And for all of the purists...it's all stuff that can be swapped back.

Thanks again John for the bike...I'm really enjoying it!

nice job!!!!!!! im the same way about not making unrepairable changes on the old american bikes(unless there so far gone that its that or the scrap yard). dont know if you saw it but someone had a blue lightweight seat for ya

that rocks! i had a set of blue glitter grips for i was going to put on it but i lost them in the garage somewhere you dont have another set of those pedals do ya?

Steve,

Looks great! 65 typhoons are the best! :wink: That's an amazing color, cant wait to see it with the seat and post. I see a honey colored brooks or something fun.

Btw, what kind of fork is that? Schwinn with a chromed crown? Perfect touch I must say

Spent an hour detailing the paint job this weekend.

Amazing what some Mother's cleaner polish and some good wax can do to vintage Schwinn paint.

The iridescent quality of the paint just makes want to sit and stare at it for hours. :shock:

100_5844.jpg

100_5846.jpg

100_5848.jpg

100_5850.jpg

Beautiful bike. I am startin to think Texas is like the trap at the bottom of the sink. Catchin great bikes from the whole country

cman said:
Beautiful bike. I am startin to think Texas is like the trap at the bottom of the sink. Catchin great bikes from the whole country

Ha Ha...my garage is starting to look like the strainer!

very nice another typhoon to add to the collection huh steve? wow that one is purdy i have never seen a deluxe typhoon in person rare bike. i like that you are keeping it mild with a bike that nice i would do the same. mothers polish huh? which one not the aluminum and mag stuff right? that paint came out really nice but being that you live in texas shouldn't you be collecting tornados? :shock:

Backpedlar hooked me up with an AWESOME lightweight "S" seat that matches the bike perfectly.

The lightweight seats are way more comfortable than the middleweight seats.

He also got me some really nice Schwinn grips to match too.

100_5903.jpg

100_5904.jpg

100_5902.jpg

100_5905.jpg

100_5906.jpg

"Iowa", hmmm... Is that a brand of parts, or a bike shop? Is there a website that sells "Iowa" parts? :)

That bike is AWE - SOME !

Hugo

either iowa or "hooch" parts are best. seems no one else has them in stock :D

Iowas a state Hugo. Steve, that and my panther are like twins!

Back