1967 Schwinn Deluxe Sting-Ray, Coppertone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very nice stingray. That color always looks so cool.

Based on the lucky 7 chainwheel (36 tooth) instead of the mag (46 tooth), it looks like it's the smaller kids version. Although it does have the large banana seat and tall handlebars.

68 they went to the bigger sprocket. nice looking Stingray, I had its twin a while back :)

IMG_6189.jpg

Actually 69 they went to a bigger sproket.

Nice find by the way. The ray looks really clean. The scrape on the chainguard is from the crank swiping it that seems to happen to a lot of old schwinns. Clean it up and ride it. Matt

MBblue6 said:
Actually 69 they went to a bigger sproket...

69s should all be larger sprocket frames except for the junior models, just saying you'll find some 68 dated bikes with the larger sprocket as well out there.

CCR said:
MBblue6 said:
Actually 69 they went to a bigger sproket...

69s should all be larger sprocket frames except for the junior models, just saying you'll find some 68 dated bikes with the larger sprocket as well out there.

True you will see the bigger sproket on nov. and dec. bikes. Which are 69 models with 68 serial numbers. Matt

Very nice correct complete Deluxe Stingray. Whatever you paid for it, it's worth it. It's a valuable bike and yours is in great condition.

When polishing the paint, I use an automotive product like Zymol or Meguiar's wax. Avoid rubbing anything right on the chainguard silkscreen- the white can wash right off, leaving almost nothing.

That one's a keeper. I'd sell all of mine except for my '66.

my66dlxcop2.jpg

--Rob

Back