196X? Spaceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this back in the spring, I would say that it is finished for now. The frame fenders and forks had many layers of house and spray paint. All the other parts were painted with nice silver fence paint :lol: All chrome parts that were very badly rusted I painted with a black textured spay paint with copper specks then clear coated. The rack and light were painted white, then bright red, followed by red glitter spray, followed by clear coat. It looks really nice in the sun. For the frame I striped all the paint, followed by a good soaking in wood bleach mixture to remove the rust, then polished with metal polished and waxed. Throw in some miscellanies parts, this is what I ended up with. Its nice to have worked I on a bike that I can actually ride.
spbefore.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp6.jpg
sp7.jpg

sp8.jpg

sp4.jpg

sp3.jpg

smfwookie said:
She's a beauty!!! I remember all of the #0000 steel wool I went through just getting the surface rust off of my Spaceliner. I could not imagine having to get that much paint off. Great work!!! 8)
Wire wheel does wonders, it also takes the foggy clearcoat off also so you can get to the chrome and polish it up.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I don't understand why they clear coated the chrome? but trust me its on there! And you really cant get the chrome looking good till its off. I have a woman's Spaceliner that I am working on now that a just striped all the clear coat so I could clean and polish the frame. Fun times :lol: but it had to be done. I use "Dads" paint stripper, it works pretty good.

Back