1970 Columbia Rambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CL add said it was a 67 the serial # makes it 1970 Swiss made 1.75 Trelelborg tires and cool yellow valve stem caps. The guy wanted 175 and I offered 100, still up there but the bike is clean and the color awesome he said ok, so I brought her home. :roll: Rides great! This was the last bike out of a collection of 5 the guy was selling this one for his brother who works on the road. The brother had no idea what the other bikes where but 2 where English 3 speeds . I could not pass it up given the condition what do you think ? Anybody have a set of thread protectors, so I can make this bike complete? :lol:
IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Yea I would not have even called about it at 200 but I Love the Gold and it is Gold :D
DPARTY82 said:
Man....that thing is a beauty. Really like that gold/coppertone paint color.

Are you sure it's a 1970? It has a red band hub instead of a Bendix 70, it also looks like it has waterslide decals instead of vinyl decals, although I guess if they had any extra inventory it could easily still have those things and be a '70 model.

Also needless to say it looks awesome!

mos6502 said:
Are you sure it's a 1970? It has a red band hub instead of a Bendix 70, it also looks like it has waterslide decals instead of vinyl decals, although I guess if they had any extra inventory it could easily still have those things and be a '70 model.

Also needless to say it looks awesome!

IMG_0848.jpg

S.N. # S775405 Please let me know what yiu think

Early 1970, that's interesting actually! It has the old style decals and the open bottom on the chainstay like 1960s columbias. Also that Bendix hub is really cool in that it has the patterns of the '70, but is still a red band.

Mr. Columbia's website dates it as a 1970 :wink:
1970.……S767191 - S950093 and W500 - W242733

Everyone thanks for the comments. I guess I have a new found respect for middle weights. I can afford to buy clean ones!! :p I will be keeping this one for sure. :mrgreen:

Back