1970's Huffy NO MILEAGE Bmx clone??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Stopped to see a friend today at a warehouse to pick up some cardboard, I asked him about the bike he always told me about in his attic, again his comment was, "it's nothing good, it's not a schwinn" then says let's take a ride over I'll show you. He bought this for his younger son in the 1970's and the kid did not like it, he rode his big brothers bike instead. IT STILL HAS THE TAG ON IT, about as NOS as you can get.
Wait till I get the Columbia Thunderbolt from him that is almost in as good condition, never seen such perfect decals and paint on an original
Iversonhuffy003.jpg

Iversonhuffy004.jpg

Iversonhuffy005.jpg

Iversonhuffy006.jpg

Iversonhuffy007.jpg

Iversonhuffy008.jpg

Unchained said:
Nice find, Rick! I see the old Iverson in the background awaiting its time. :D
keep watching, since bringing my son to Monson he has been going thru my sheds and bikes and grabbed the Iverson, some parts, and started on it tonight. He should be posting on it soon

That bike is sweet...My friends down the street from me when I was young had one or two or three of them :wink: ...If I remember correctly those bikes wheelie real good..when your young :lol:

I love those.

they came out after me being able to ride those little things. As luck would have it the very next year I found a frame and fork in a spring cleaning pile. I carried it home while riding my Raleigh. I tore apart two of my other "junk bikes" to put that frame together. Eventually, I bought an MX seat, knobbies, etc.

wanted that bike so bad when it came out. I converted my banana seat Huffy to look like one.

That's a great find. I had the exact same model, Remember buying it for $64.99 first new bike that I paid for 100% myself. There were just a few differences, mine had a chrome fork cap, different kickstand style, and did not have the decal with the gearing #'s on the rear chain stay. Those bikes were pretty popular in my town growing up. It was a great wheelie bike, and I kept it in mint condition, eventually sold it after 2 years and got $40 for it, and then I bought my Raleigh Rampar! Life was simple and all good back then.

Back