1972 Iverson Sprinter Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
i was gonna post this in fresh finds but i decided to put it here since its going to be a project anyway. i only have these pics of it now because i just bought it and it hasn't shipped to me yet. i can't wait!!

found this original ad on musclebikemuseum.com

Never seen one of those. Those are some wacky cool bars!

Cool bike, unique bars, but the riding looks 'odd', ya know? Kinda quirky.

The forward position of the bars, coupled with the 'racing' seat would lead me to think there would be a lot of 'out of saddle' peddling.

I guess that's to be expected, given it's a 'Sprinter'. Would be kinda tough to shift gears if you're standing up, leaning forward over the bars and 'sprinting' :mrgreen:

I can't wait to see what you do with it, and hopefully get to ride it in April at the show.

Cheers buddy!
Dr. T (Rob)

here it is with a 20x2.125 on the back

i re-rebuilt the front wheel with black spokes. i think when i do the paint im gonna just paint the wheels to match the frame instead of chroming them.

rebuilt the rear

removed most of the dents on the pie plate

removed the bar tape to see how bad the bars are. . . .not bad

it took me forever to figure out how to take the fork off.

the plate that is underneath the bottom fork plate that has a bolt to hold the reflector on the plate is what holds everything together. you have to remove the crown nut and then remove the bolt holding the reflector on. after you do that the whole fork slides off..

Love the bars on these!..Heres the Ad from the 1972 spiegels catalog

SpiegelChristmas_1972_P391.jpg

Back