1990 Schwinn LeTour

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my water heater blows up 2 days ago. Not normal slow leak kind of explosion, the epic basement flood kind. Today I finally got replacement mostly installed. Still flippin' mad, mostly because I left all the vent pipe at the store, I set out to go pick it back up again. As I'm driving I look out the passenger window at the trash piles, I see a particular pile with a road bike wedged in the middle of it. I swing back around and find gold. Not only is it my size, it's in pretty cherry shape! The paints pretty banged up but no dents and it's straight. All original to boot!! Thanks karma!
Turns out it was also a special order only model! Saaaaweeeeet!! http://bikecatalogs.org/SCHWINN/MODELS/Le%20Tour.html

Nice find! You must be a short guy like me :lol:

beatcad said:

Funny thing is I'm not at all. I have the most bizarre body proportions. 6'1" with a 31" inseam. I take a small/medium frame then my arms/torso are all over the place! :shock: :lol: :lol: Needless to say I never really "fit" on a bike correctly, but this one feels great! :lol:

scrumblero said:
the lugged Le Tour frames are sweet! makes a sexy single speed! :wink:

That's the plan! I have a nice set of SS wheels and the Blaze cranks easily turn into a single.

bigfatcat said:
beatcad said:

Funny thing is I'm not at all. I have the most bizarre body proportions. 6'1" with a 31" inseam. I take a small/medium frame then my arms/torso are all over the place! :shock: :lol: :lol: Needless to say I never really "fit" on a bike correctly, but this one feels great! :lol:

scrumblero said:
the lugged Le Tour frames are sweet! makes a sexy single speed! :wink:

That's the plan! I have a nice set of SS wheels and the Blaze cranks easily turn into a single.
wow thought I had short legs! (5'8" with a 28 inseam) that Schwinn should fit you good it has a long top tube :lol:

Back