1995 Schwinn Cruiser Classic questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zog

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were about to sell our son's old cruiser, but we have a few questions that we hope this forum can answer. Its a 1995 Schwinn Cruiser Classic, S/N TY50901020 on the bottom of the crank housing. Has 2845 on the head badge.
What is this bike worth? Do we have something special, or just another Chinese Schwinn???

post some pics. I'm sure some of the Schwinn guys will chime in. I think 1995 schwinns were sold I bike stores vs. Big box stores so value is a little bit higher. 1995 were made overseas. Good luck.

1995 was a good year for Schwinn bikes. They had new owners and fresh money behind them. They were just getting started at revamping their image and had some nice bikes available and nicer ones on the way. They had a huge line up of classic cruisers and in all their literature they were bragging how the frames were built to the spec of the original 1950's blueprints. I can't remember if the cruisers were coming out of Merida in Taiwan or if they were still coming from China Bike Co. I'm pretty sure the era of Hungarian (Csepel) cruisers was over by then. Post some pix for sure. Is it something special? Probably not but 95' was a high point for their previously neglected line of cruisers.

Latest posts

Back