1999 Schwinn Cruiser 6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told someone had an older Schwinn bike with big tires on it, and of course my mind started racing. So I rolled into the driveway and this is what was waiting for me. It was $25 bucks. I knew it wasn't a Chicago Schwinn, but I figure I could flip it and make a little money. So I get the bike home and decide to ride it. And I'll be ......, the bike rides beautifully. Not compared to an old Schwinn balloner, but a LOT better than I thought it would. The msrp for these was over 300, so perhaps quality is a bit better? I don't know, but I think I will keep it...along wth the heavy duty rims, the old Schwinn seat, and the electrical tape on the grips.

I picked up a 2000 model Cruiser Four at AnnArbor swap. It has a Nexus hub. Needs chain, seat and handlebars yet. Looking forward to getting it going.:)
They were made in Korea By Giant. Glad to hear you like yours.

Thanks. Are you sure mine was Giant made? Info seemed scarce, but with the msrp so high, I thought maybe it was.

My Schwinn badge looks like a traditional one but below it is this decal.
iu

Back