1ST ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AUCTION BIKE IS DONE!!!

Just seeing this now, but considering this is to raise money for the site that we all use, dont you think selling it as raffle tickets at $5 a piece as a community would probably collect more money than auctioning it to whoever has the most to spend auction style. Then everyone can contribute what they can and have a chance to win.

Just my thoughts.

sicnick said:
Just seeing this now, but considering this is to raise money for the site that we all use, dont you think selling it as raffle tickets at $5 a piece as a community would probably collect more money than auctioning it to whoever has the most to spend auction style. Then everyone can contribute what they can and have a chance to win.

Just my thoughts.

Good Idea, But I say raise it a step further, raffle it off to raise money for the site and if you're able to donate a part to next year's build then get a buck off a ticket and make it an annual thing.

outskirtscustoms said:
sicnick said:

Just my thoughts.

Good Idea, But I say raise it a step further, raffle it off to raise money for the site and if you're able to donate a part to next year's build then get a buck off a ticket and make it an annual thing.
That was actually my first ideas of how to sell the bike, BUT me and Dr.T have put alot of thought into how this will work and we both agree this is the best way.

Thanks for the input though :D

Also im hopeing this will be a yearly tradition around christmas time. With that being said, im not going to do it every year. I will leave it up to another member to pull it off. That means they can conduct the auction/raffle how ever they want. If we find out the auction doesnt bring as much money for the site as we though the next person can try something diffrent, but I will say by the feedback im seeing by the members this thing should bring aroud $200+. 8)

sicnick said:

Just my thoughts.

That could be a good idea too.
But not persee... you never can tell what's going to happen. $5,- a piece means you probably have to come up with at least 41(!) sold tickets just to get beyond that possible $200,- bid that is floating around here somewhere.
Another scenario: What if there is a crazy guy willing to really spend a lot..?

Also, I think with the lack of an auction we'll be missing a lot of the excitement an auction has to offer... You know: Refreshing the page every minute in the final hour before closing-time.

And, I'm wondering how much 'the winner' is willing to spend on this bike.

Then again, you could be right about the raffle-tickets bringin' in more money. Definately something to think about when starting next years build of the 'x-mas auction rat'.
Because yes, this HAS to become an annual tradition.

These will be the rules that everyone will need to follow during the auction. Also note that I will start the auction at $100 then I am done, its yalls after I get out bid.

AUCTION RULES

1. Please DO NOT bid if you do not have a U.S. address(Alaska and Hawaii doesn't count)

2. Do not post anything on this page other than a bid that is $5 more than the previous bid.

3. If you win the bike you will need to pay for shipping. If shipping is anything over $50 I will pay the rest.

4. If the winner of the bike can not be reached or backs out for some CRAZY reason the bike will go to the second highest bidder.

5. Pay for the bike by clicking the
"DONATE" link at the bottom of the page.(shipping will be payed to me)

I Encourage you to go back and read through the build and see how the bike was build so you can know exactly what your bidding for.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34175&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Any info on that bent front fork? I am building a Monterey (same frame as the auction bike) and want that same look. I have a curved 26" fork from a women's cruiser, any tips on how I can bend it more? The stance with the 24" wheels is awesome. Nice work on the bike!

d.rock said:
Any info on that bent front fork? I am building a Monterey (same frame as the auction bike) and want that same look. I have a curved 26" fork from a women's cruiser, any tips on how I can bend it more? The stance with the 24" wheels is awesome. Nice work on the bike!

rustrocket_fork_2.jpg

rustrocket_fork_1.jpg

^ Like this...

I am going to sound just like everybody else here. GREAT job, looks really cool. I am also having new ideas with the rear rack set up that way. Great job to all involved in this work of art. Thanks for sharing. Leo

GREAT JOB on the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how it looks.

d.rock said:
Read it carefully......Do it at your own risk. :lol: There are a few more suggestions at the end of the thread. I really wish I would have bent the one on the Auction bike a "hair" more, but...Any way below is the thread where you can get an idea of how it's done. Gotta warn ya, it can be a PAIN. The BLACK fork was used on a build called SnotRocket. When they're bent that much you develop "negative" trail (sorta like pushing a shopping cart backwards without letting the front wheels turn to the new direction). I found, IMO, that the bigger the handle bars the easier it is to control, there will be absolutely NO issue like that on the Auction bike....Good Luck!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9254

Back