2 for 50.00

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a chance on these two bikes today for fifty bucks. Not sure it was worth it or not. One Western Flyer does not look too old, the other is a Coast King. Anyone have an idea as to value of these?

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 218
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 232
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 216
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 227
  • bike5.jpg
    bike5.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 215
How can you argue with $25 apiece? The Western Flyer isn't THAT old, but I still kinda like it. The Coast-King I'd strip for parts, unless you've got a specific project in mind. Its one saving grace may be the headbadge which, carefully removed, could be surprisingly valuable to the right buyer. There's a brisk trade in etched badges among collectors...and that one isn't as bad as it looks.

Any rideable American made bike is worth 50 bucks IMO. The blue girls bike was made for Coast King Stores by Huffy, early 60's is my guess. The serial number will start with 3H or H3 if it's a 63. The first number is the last digit of the year.
The WF is probably foreign made from the late 80's or maybe the 90's. It looks roadworthy, so that's a deal for both bikes.

Any rideable American made bike is worth 50 bucks IMO. The blue girls bike was made for Coast King Stores by Huffy, early 60's is my guess. The serial number will start with 3H or H3 if it's a 63. The first number is the last digit of the year.
The WF is probably foreign made from the late 80's or maybe the 90's. It looks roadworthy, so that's a deal for both bikes.
Thanks for the info.

I'm a sucker for 60's Coast Kings... not sure why. I have a red men's frame and fork if you're interested in swapping over parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back