2 new bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting free bikes is really not helping with this new addiction.

Penny's mom moved into a new house and look what she found in the attic. woot!!

78 huffy El Dorado in great condition. It was mighty dusty. I cleaned it up a bit. The tires still hold air. The brake is shot though.
DSC01057.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01068.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

this next one was also free. funny story too. i was at mom and dads workin on the stingray when a neighbor came over to chat. he said that a couple years ago a local resident found a bike in the trash next door and brought it to his house. it had been sitting idle the whole time so he gave it to me. i bring and home and when dad sees it he goes "hey, thats our old bike!" turns out it was actually in our trash. funny coincedence huh. small world.

this ones in decent shape. paint on the top sides is gone. it it still had on ewheel and tire. no seat. i've got plans for this one. oh yeah, it's a Murray Monterey.
DSC01070.jpg

If the bike has been sitting in the attic a long time, the grease in the rear hub has probably hardened. Take the hub apart and clean it good, regrease and put it back together. It will probably be fine, those coasters are pretty bomb proof. Last one I had that had sat a long time, I had to pry the brake shoes off the walls of the hub shell with a pry bar.

thanx for the advice. i'll be taking a look at the how to guides. :) i read up on relacing spokes... guess i'll have to actually do it now.

Back