2 Parades 1 Day in Wichita (Now With Photos)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow (Saturday)... The Delano District's Christmas parade. Meet at Lawrence Dumont Stadium no later than 11:30am. Parade starts at noon. You and/or your bike must be decorated in a Christmas theme to participate.
Immediately after the Delano parade head to the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill (3863 South Seneca) for the start of the Bikes For Tots parade which begins at 2:00 pm. Following the Bikes For Tots parade Club Debrick's will have free Chili. There will also be hamburgers from the Rolling Smoke bicycle BBQ trailer while they last.
Sunny and mid 40s. See you there!
Visit CoastersBicycleClub.com for more info.

Well we didn't get to set a record of 2 parades in one day. The second parade (Bikes For Tots) was canceled due to problems with the parade permit. So we rode in the Delano District (old wild west days part of Wichita) parade and then later met up to celebrate the accomplishments of the Bikes For Tots campaign whic will be giving over 170 new bikes to kids this Christmas. 3 of those bikes were donated by the Coasters bicycle Club.

Delano parade photos...

My wife on the New Belgium Fat Tire bike
IMG_0236.JPG

Dangratsdan's decorated Rust Rat
IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

I thrashed on my wife's bike to get it done in time for her to ride it in the parade/s, then come to find out she had to work... bummer

So I decided I would skip the Delano parade and just ride in the bikes for tots parade since I was also firing up the smoker, then the bikes for tots parade gets cancelled... double bummer

So, I didnt get to ride in a parade, but still managed to have a good time, the burgers came out ok and I think everyone enjoyed them, got lots of comments on the bike... some came from REAL bikers, they were like "WOW I gotta build one of those to pull behind my Harley"

Dan... wow those are some BIG uh.. err... ornaments! yeah yeah ornaments. lol :lol:

Nice pics. Great that you are giving away new bikes. I have been helping at the Boise Bike Project to get 100 bikes ready to give away. They are not new but will work for the kids.

cman said:
Nice pics. Great that you are giving away new bikes. I have been helping at the Boise Bike Project to get 100 bikes ready to give away. They are not new but will work for the kids.
Kudos to you Cman. I think we have 2 bike shops here that do this also. Area kids shouldn't be in need of bikes.
We take the easy way and toss money at the cause and spend the rest of our time riding around and drinking beer :D

Oh and the presents I added to my bike this year http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... od#p221558 hardly even made it out of the parking lot before they fell off :oops:

I didn't get a good photo of it but here's 65rat's build off bike
IMG_0242.JPG

Back