2010 Schwinn Hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well she's as done as it get! Had to switch out the bars and saddle for a more comfy ride. The cupholder is useless because Schwinn no longer sells the foam insert and regular coozies don't fit. The coaster brake arm is now hidden thanks to a few suggestions here.
a9uty2e2.jpg
y6u7u8yd.jpg
bahuqavy.jpg

FYI these are evil on slick tires so I had to go knobby!
edy8ynu6.jpg

I LIKE BIKES

That's great that you found a correct, and even name brand, used fork at your LBS. Thought I'd ask in case someone or some company was selling those forks online.

How did it ride? As a child I spent a lot of time playing in and around small streams and creeks like that.

I remember you saying something about a insert is needed for the drink holder to to be functional. Would some of that foam insulation for water pipes cut and glued to the inside of the cup area work? That or some other foam of that type that is plastic-y, pliable, and durable.

That cup holder area is too small even for coozies! I can only guess that a regular 16oz bottle of water fits in it. I'm going repurpose that area for storage.

I LIKE BIKES

Have you tried to shorten the chain? You may need to get a half link to get it dialed in better; but I'd avoid that tensioner.
That or change the rear sprocket size and the chain size or any combination of these.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back