2013 GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet & Drags

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2013 GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet & Drags

CeeBee said:
I'll be there with an EZ up shelter. That way all of the potential swap meet buyers will crowd into my space and buy my stuff in the rain. I am a marketing genius!
Seriously, I will be there rain or shine, too. And as I recall, the forecast was about the same last year and there were only some brief, light sprinkles--at which time everyone congregated under my EZ Up and bought some of my stuff. :D

Genius, accept you have away your secret and ACE strategy. Great idea though.

How about Free cup of coffee with a 25.00 purchase under the tent. Hang some strobe lights. Have your own raffle. Free raffle ticket with each purchase and at end of day raffle your Cycle Truck or X-53 off. You will sale out of parts by days end.

Want to hire me as your marketing manager? As long as making a profit isn't your main objective!! I can make you the favorite vendor spot of 2013!! Talk of the show!!!

What do u think CeeBee?

1918 Ranger

Latest update from Weather.com. If you click the hourly button on the left side of the screen and go into Saturday, it shows only a 20% chance of rain from 9 am up unitl 1 pm and then only goes to 40%. I am trying to be optimistic. As everyone else, I am always looking for some neat stuff and have a few things for sale. The Show must go on!

The latest from Weathercom. Go to weathercom click on hourly on the left hand sIde scroll down until you get to Saturday. The rain is supposed to move out of the area by 9 am and be partly cloudy in the afternoon. It is hard to believe I know but like I said the forcast changes hourly. So don't miss out. I will try to keep everyone updated. The Show must go on.

ToySoldier

20130321_210859_zps46ae4e40.jpg

Fingers crossed and paint dries I will make it!

The bike show is still on including the Poker Run. If like me, you have been watching the weather Channel, the chance for rain has increased just a little so we are still praying and believing for the best. This change was just in the last 12 hours and so it could change again in the next 12 hours. We have a lot invested in this show for a worthy cause so we hope this chance of rain will not discourage your coming. Thanks and hope to see everyone there.

I've been watching the weather on the news every morning and every afternoon all week... and they change saturdays forecast every time. The latest forecast states the real rain will not start until after midnight saturday. Anything we see tomorrow will be light and widely scattered... so... it's gonna be hit or miss. But I'm gonna be there!

See you guys tomorrow!

Just ate herders pie with a Newcastle at the honest pint ... Awesome !!! Stopped by the hotel to drop the car off and headed to the fork and pie for dessert :mrgreen:

Dorr

Wear out the camera and take lots of pics. Sadly I can't make it this year.

1918 Ranger

I've got a trailer load of parts that will be there for sale in the morning rain or shine!

March 23, 2013 6 am Weather Update.

Weather.com hourly forecast shows the rain moving past us by 7 am this morning giving way to a cloudy day. I am packed with all the show stuff and will be heading that way shortly. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I would go ahead and pack a poncho or unbrella, this is southeast TN. Thanks to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was raining when we left Alabama this morning and raining when we got back in town tonight, but it held off for the entire time that we were in Tennessee! We had a great time! The 8 mile ride was awesome, lots of cool bikes, friendly folks, and lots of parts to be swapped.

Here's a picture of the RRB's roll call...
Everyone can identify themselves from left to right. (I'm the guy wearing jeans.) :lol:

100_4826_zps1a2c047b.jpg

#9-The Renaissance man

Okay, I am the short guy in the very back wearing Blue Jeans. Thanks to everyone who made the 2013 GET-A-GRIP Show a great success. Just as predicted the rain was out by 8 am and did not rain a drop all day, in fact the sun even tried to peak through a few times. We sold over 30 Vendor spaces, had over 35 bikes in the show, had 12 brave souls in the drag racing and sold 38 poker run cards. AS you can see in the above picture the RRB's were out in full force and it was great meeting you guys. If the forecast had not been so bad, I beleive we would have doubled the attendance yeasterday. As those who were there know, this is a big school with a large layout to have one of the biggest shows in the nation. There was something for everyone as we raised over $1400 for the American Cancer Society and Mat Crum from TN won this year's custom giveaway bike. We were way up in attendance this year and look forward to the 4th Saturday in March 2014. Thanks to everyone!!!!

I will try to post pcitures soon and if anyone has any please post. Thanks Again!

David,
As others have said, it was a great show, held by great folks. The vendor/swap meet was awesome (read that as I spent way too much :mrgreen:) and the food was great too.......mmmmmm Tennessee BBQ.

Also, you have a big heart raising money for the American Cancer Society and providing help for the VBA (Vintage Bike Addicts) in each of us. :D I know from experience that it takes a LOT of time and dedication to build a donation bike and put on a show, you did them BOTH at the same time! Bravo dude.

Already looking forward to next year.

BTW, I'm in the middle, wearing the leather coat.

Cheers to ya bro!
Dr. T

I had a great time. The poker run was a blast too. Didn't make the RRB roll call/photo... But I was there! LoL!

Back