24" Firestone - Tank art options??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 24" Firestone - TANKED!!

The tank arrived today!! We had it out of the box long enough to set it on the bench and grab a couple body hammers... The dents it had showed it lived a rough life out in New Hampshire. I gently tapped them out the best i could. The original bolts were rusted solid too. The heads had to be ground off to get it off its former frame. I drilled them out the rest of the way and tapped the holes for some fresh threads. Then a little soap and water with a stiff brush and a coating of WD-40 after it dried. The patina on the tank is beautiful! Tthe "Deluxe" looks awesome too. We're going to leave it as is for now. It'll probably received the full bodywork and paint treatment over the winter. :D
CIMG1943r.jpg

CIMG1946r.jpg

Walker said:
I'm sorry, why did I let that go :? :D :D :D

Looks perfect, great job on the dents and clean up!
... cus you wanted that tank to have a new life!! :D
I left you a positive feedback here on this site, even though we did the deal on the CABE. Thanks again.. And thanks for posting too!

MplsCoaster said:
Wow!!! 8) That paint job/color scheme is incredible! Nice Job!
Thank you sir. I'm still undecided as to what I'm going to have put on the tank. The rest of the bike will get traditional hot rod style pinstriping. Here are my options for the tank:

- The Firestone "F" with a cool wing coming of of it.

or

- Shark teeth like what was on a P40 War Hawk.
p40warhawk.jpg

Latest posts

Back