24T Rear Cog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very cool, but aren't they going to either be ramped for "shifting" or else just regular bmx cogs, which don't come big anyways?
Yes, you have twist teeth or ramps but you will never know the difference. The stock Shimano cassette cog had 9 squared tabs, grind 6 off and round off the other 3. Very simple, cheap, and lots of choices. Been doing this for at least a couple of decades.

Yes, you have twist teeth or ramps but you will never know the difference. The stock Shimano cassette cog had 9 squared tabs, grind 6 off and round off the other 3. Very simple, cheap, and lots of choices. Been doing this for at least a couple of decades.

Sorry to revive the dead, but is there a specific model of sprocket to look for? I'm wanting to put a 24-26 on the back of my dad's bike (comes with 44/17, way too tall).

I see lots of sprockets on Amazon but I remember seeing that there is a difference among the various generations of shimano freezing cassettes.

Yeah, it's tough to drop $15 on the Sachs sprockets, when the Sturmey-Archer 24t cost about a third as much.....

Back