26" tire question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys...so I use 24X3 and 26X2.125 tires on a lot of my bikes, but I am looking for something smaller than a 26X3 but meatier than a 26X2.125. I kind of like the looks of the Fat Franks. I am thinking either a cream tire or a whitewall. Any suggestions?

electra diamond vintage 26x2.35 cream...maybe?

Terry,
I bought these Bontragers from my local LBS (any Trek reseller can get them)

They are Bontrager Solana, available in whitewall and blackwall 26 x 2.35 $24.99 each.

DSCF3652.jpg

compared to a Fat Frank
DSCF3657.jpg

compared to a 24 x 3 Thick Brick
DSCF3656.jpg

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks guys! I am leaning towards the Franks, but the Diamonds look pretty sweet too. I think I've decided on cream tires. I have a nice set of black rims with a 2spd kickback and the cream tires would look awesome.

Terry,
I bought these Bontragers from my local LBS (any Trek reseller can get them)

They are Bontrager Solana, available in whitewall and blackwall 26 x 2.35 $24.99 each.

DSCF3652.jpg

compared to a Fat Frank
DSCF3657.jpg

compared to a 24 x 3 Thick Brick
DSCF3656.jpg

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T
As of February 2015.. I could not find those Bontrager Solana in 26x2.35 whitewall anywhere..They're handsomly looking tires, I don't understand why they're unavailable

.... i like those pilot sports but knowing my luck its another i wont be able to get in the uk. Will check before i order my thickslicks tommorrow.

Latest posts

Back