28" Boardtracker under construction.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone here is my ride.
Brakeless like a real Boardtrack

<<NO BRAKES / NO BRAIN>> <<NO BRAIN / NO PAIN>>

Boardtracker* 30% done started August 2008

Custom frame made from galvanised steel - all the front half, the rear half is from a steel
mountain bike.

All corrosion free frame and parts.

Straitened by hand racing bike forks.

Lepper Holland "concorde" saddle(not sure if it stays on plan).

Handlebars made from 2 80's BMX seat posts and a normal mountain bike handlebar drilled to match and bolted together with fat stainless nuts and bolts.

Custom made reverse levers.

Wheels and paint are temporally. Wheels are 28",1/2" x 1",1/2".

Plans are a custom gas tank that follows the lines of the frame.

And a custom springer fork made using the existing fork as the front section and a vintage strait fork as the rear section, for the springs i will use the front fork springs of HONDA cub 50cc moped chopped and made to fit(it will look like a classic Monarch fork but way better...).

"ROLLIN FAST BLINDING OTHERS WITH GLEAMING CHROME"

P.S. Feel free to post any questions,suggestions or personal opinion. :D
* originally designed (don't laugh i can hear you laughing) to sustain up to the 30 bhp of a 500cc 47' NORTON 500 T :D engine I own but I decided that it was an *unforgivable sacrilege to destroy this legend* so downsized it to 400cc 5 cylinder radial :) engine producing 9~10 bhp *out of budget* then electrcic 48Volts 1000 Watts :( then pedals :x the frame was welded wrong :cry:

27122010488 by kkoundouris

27122010486 by kkoundouris

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/57663820@N06/5365546939/]
5365546939_193a00b1dd.jpg
[/url]
27122010487 by kkoundouris

27122010485 by kkoundouris

27122010484 by kkoundouris

UGPM said:
Hello to everyone here is my ride. .......

Custom frame made from galvanised steel - all the front half, the rear half is from a steel
mountain bike. .....

P.S. Feel free to post any questions,suggestions or personal opinion. :D
I would hope that the galvanised tube is not electrical conduit.

Conduit is very weak (NOT stiff) and cracks (fatigues from repeated flexing) very easily as well. I don't know about other countries but in the USA, it is never allowed to be used to support mechanical loads in homes and buildings at all--the building codes don't allow that. The only weight it carries is the wires running through it.

It IS steel, it DOES weld, and it can be useful for making lots of things--but bike frames and handlebars isn't one of them. If you are using it, you would do much better to locate a source of "real" structural steel tube for future bike uses, even if it costs a bit of money.

.... * originally designed (don't laugh i can hear you laughing) to sustain up to the 30 bhp of a 500cc 47' NORTON 500 T :D engine I own but I decided that it was an *unforgivable sacrilege to destroy this legend* so downsized it to 400cc 5 cylinder radial :) engine producing 9~10 bhp *out of budget* then electrcic 48Volts 1000 Watts :( then pedals :x the frame was welded wrong :cry:
10 HP is probably realistic, in terms of the maximum that bicycle parts can handle--and even that will break parts. I'll start another topic on that however.

-------

Looks like fun though.
I've only built one motorized bicycle, and I think I had more fun building it than I did riding it. Partly that was because the engine-drive didn't have enough torque to climb hills, and there was no way to add a multi-speed transmission on. I dunno when I'll get around to it, but the next one I build will be a LOT more useful.
~

You built a nice frame for sure, But the Scratch Built section is for builders that do the entire frame complete to showcase their abilities.

Thank you very much, for your immense interest and time invested for this bike.

The original drawings used thicker stainless steel tubes especially in the rear, the whole welding process went wrong because i left someone brainless to weld it and the results:
Wrong rake / wrong tubing used / the rear half is completely off target so i cannot fit a chainring...

But what can i do it is my fault.

<<IF YOU WANT TO BUILT SOMETHING RIGHT BUILT IT YOURSELF>>

The original plan was to build something that is going to live forever like my other bikes that are
70 and 80 years old and i still ride them all day with no problem at all.

i am sorry, i build most all my bikes out of conduit and never have a prob. don't think you have build with it before. sure don't know where ya get your info. maybe because i am at 160 lbs and not heavier. oh well to each his own.lol

Outlaw

Back