28" is this a worthwhile venture

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it' funny here I am in the midst of talking to someone about obtaining a bike and then tonight I was talking to somone and they have some old 28" frames...what's the situation on these, I believe they are CCM's but I am not sure.....the perosn said they roll pretty sweet.

Any comments or ideas?

I am now a true bike addict I can't say no to a bike and am always coming up with ideas....I like this addiction!

the only 28" ive rode have been raleigh 3 speeds and they roll pretty good. nice and easy cadance so you wont have to pedal as much as your buddy on a 26" :mrgreen:

wheels and tires can be tricky to get (have to order them most of the time) but theyre still around

If you run a coaster brake, you can always retro fit the frame to 26 X 1.75 wheel and tire at the back and 26 X 1.5 at the front.

Case in point:
VictoCity2.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhh victoria :mrgreen:
at least one saving grace with it being a ccm most of the 28" ones ive seen have clincher wheels(tires that have the tube separate)............and kenda makes some that you can get for about $12 a pop which is a whole lot cheaper than single tubes :shock:

Back