2x Raleighs 3speeds and a Schwinn Tornado/BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My wife called as i was headed back from my lbs, "Did you see that yellow bike with the boards on it ? Well its sittin on Main St and it looks like somethin you'd like it ...."

The lady at the resale shop didnt have change so i got the Raleigh Sport too

81 Schwinn Tornado

IMG_0720.jpg

Raleigh Sports 3spd - hub says 79 - resale shop

IMG_0711.jpg

Raleigh ?Tourist? 3 spd rod brake - hub says 72 - from my LBS

IMG_0723.jpg

Nice finds! The Schwinn is cool, and I would have thought it was older, I've never seen that model. The Tourist is also cool, I love the three-speed cruisers...

just air'd up the tires on the tourist, that bike rides like a dream !!! original 28" Raleigh Roadster tires too !!! but the grips are Western Flyer muscle bike grips ... and I wish it had the air pump too ...

RingRingRing .... Hello.... Hey Dingo, your bike is ready :mrgreen:

the Raleigh Sports has a few set backs tho... the straps on the tool bag are torn in half and the tires...... well, i thought the gumwalls just had cancer or sumthin but it turns out they werent glued on right lol

the tornado is decent though, tires fair but the bike is missing the # sign on the bars and the seat isnt original, still gotta like it though :D

Your wife is definitely a KEEPER! :lol:

Back