3 FOR FREE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drive by an antique shop everyday and one day I figured I'd ask them if they had any old bikes. I thought for sure if they did they'd want way too much $ anyway but what the heck. The guy who owns the place says he's got 3 at his house sitting there rusting. he asked me what I do with the old bikes so I tell him that I refurbish them mechanically, sometimes I paint em' and ride them. He says if that's the case then you can have them and to come back. I go back a while later and we drive to his house and shows me these. "If you want them take them. As long as there going to someone who appreciates them." DO I !
freebikes10.jpg

freebikes9.jpg

freebikes8.jpg

freebikes7.jpg

freebikes6.jpg

freebikes5.jpg

freebikes4.jpg

freebikes3.jpg

freebikes2.jpg

freebikes1.jpg

The name of the place is 'Goodspeed's Station Country Store'. 22 Bridge Rd. Haddam Ct. They've got some cool collectibles, candy and gifts. It's right on the west side of the Goodspeed Opera House Bridge in Haddam CT. I ended up buying a book there, it was the least I could do.

SWEET!
You could do a gender-reassignment on the girls ross. and i really like the chainguard on that Columbia. it looks like its moving fast sitting still!

I may freshen up the ross for wifey-poo (her birthdays in July) and give the columbia a G.R. I like the ross frame the way it is now. My sister in law will want the Columbia, she wants me to find her an old bike to set by her garden. I politely informed her that bikes are for riding, not rusting. :mrgreen: And if your in Ct. stop by that gift shop. Once again its Goodspeed Station Country Store. I'll bet Ray (that's the owner) didn't realize he'd get all this free advertising on the world wide beacon of two wheeled culture and class Rat Rod Bikes!

I think the JC Higgins is very cool.

Ditch the fenders and that rack on the front and add a set of fat white walls....done.

That's my second higgins, my other is a 1946. I'm not sure the date on this one. Looks like a 50's.

Thats how I aquired the brunt of my project bikes by asking for bikes at an antique store except he had seven out in his barn 1.70s Schwinn varsity 2.72 Peugoet px10 with a motorcycle sprocket boted to the rear spokes 3. Raliegh 3 speed mens bike mid 70s 4.JC Penney 3 speed womens 5.Murray 3 speed womens 6.Murray 18 speed womens MT bike 7.Western Flyer MT bike? on the year but free is good, but you made a score !!!

My ride to work is 26 miles one way but it's very a windy, scenic, back road ride partially along the CT. river.Its a blast on my motorcycle. the best part is I go by 2 dumps (where I got a '59 schwinn racer) and 3 antique shops! :p One of them is Goodspeed Station Country Store 22 Bridge Rd. in Haddam.

I cleaned him out of bikes bro. The guy had a 12 acre spread with an 1803 house with a new addition, a new barn, horses and rusty antique farm equipment doodads scattered around the yard. It almost looked as if a barn exploded 50 years ago and everything just sat there. the house and barn was sweet though. in the barn he had a welder, torches, a million tools and a very old M.G. convertible. He told me he used to own harleys and was an auto mech. Definitely not a yuppie but apparently thats how he makes his money, selling old stuff to CT. yuppies, some came in the store while I was there, and we got no shortage of them in the constitution state. A real nice guy.
TheFlyingDingo said:
i should stop by that so called
Goodspeed Station Country Store

Back