35 AMERICAN FLYER "CAMELBACK"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Gave it a quick bath.

These Carlisle Indian Dart tires are practically NOS. :shock:

And no...I haven't messed with the tires yet so the valve stems aren't my handywork. :lol:

As always...click the images for the full-sized versions.

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1-1.jpg

Also, this B.P. Cohen "Jiffy" kickstand is awesome. It has two holes...one in the up and one in the down position that it locks into.

DSC_0022-1.jpg

Just need to find a nice honey leather saddle and some matching grips....oh, and some pedals. :mrgreen:

ha ! you and your straight valve stems ! RR this is one A-W-S-O-M-E ride. cannot wait to see it's finished :D

what? you figured the fenders were worth more than the bike or something? :p

ohh and what about that stem? looks cycletruck-ish. :)
the bike does look nice! not many bikes can keep the patina around you.

It does have that Cycletruck look about it.

I can't say that I'm 100% crazy about the stem, but it makes the bike comfortable for me at 5'9".

I guess it gives it kind of a quirky nostalgic look too.

Trying to nail down which seat and grips would look best on this beast.

black coke bottle grips and a honey brown troxel seat from the 30s. :)

hmm.. maybe try conditioning the leather? :| it might bring it back, it might not. youd probably be better off using a similar saddle.

Thats going to be a very cool ride. With that stem you can go board tracker with flipped bars and still sit........standing up :mrgreen: If you decide to go a different route with the stem and bars, I know a place here in Ohio that they could move to 8) Those are very cool as is everthing else about the bike. Nice!!!

I wish I could get my hands on some cream Felt Quick Bricks.

They are totally out of all Quick Bricks right now. :x

Yep...lots of silver paint. :cry:

Will have to see about getting rid of that.

Just wish it all had that nice rust covered finish like everything else.

What other bike forum could you make that statment on and people all agree...ha ha! :lol:

This is one sweet bike. I love those Carlisles. I just missed out on a set of 26'' NOS Carlisles for $6 a piece. They were in an old hardware store and I didn't have any cash on me and by the time I remembered to go back for them they were gone. Funny thing is the guy who runs the store said no one in years had come in looking for bike parts then 2 in one week. I do agree with cman about the cream fat franks. I think the cream tires would go great with the patina.

Back