40's colson clipper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have been looking for a Colson Clipper for quite some time.. Long story short a buddy hit me up that he had a pair. This is what I ended up with...

IMG_0980.jpg

Girls bike in surprisingly good condition. A little rust but not too bad.

IMG_0988.jpg

A guys frame...

IMG_0012.jpg

All together, Still needs rear reflector, drop stand, and i would like the springer fork instead of the truss bars...

Haven't looked up the year, but there are only 2 letters and 3 numbers underneath the crank case... OB 582

Wow. Colsons have such a cool swoopy curvy thing going on. I actually like the girls model better, the green tank and the patina, good stuff.

A lot of people have commented on how they like the girls bike better. I still like the design of the guys bike a lot better. I will see if I can find some parts and make a pair...

All I know is that you scored!!!! I love them both!!!! I have some Colson stuff. Post some photos and the numbers over on the CABE and they will help you figure out what year they are.

If it is a Goodyear clipper believe they only made that one year in 41. but colson continued the design after the war under there name not goodyear.

Back