'41 Elgin build - done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '41 Elgin build

Black on black for sure!

Black on black it is. Now paint all black, or rims/nipples black with stainless spokes, or just hoops black? Thinking all black. Just makes the red line stand out.

Already on it. Lol. Gotta see what type of cash I can secure today and get back in touch with him/her. Won't be for that kind of funny money if it does. We'll see. Thanks or watching for me.

You ever find your tank you were looking for? Can't remember if your looking for a straight seat post or curved? IM sure were seeing a bunch of the same listings.

Found it the same as this one, except it was on a franken bike, picked it up about 2.5 hours form the house. Yea I troll the Elgin listings almost more than I do the forum. Saw a pic of your Corvair van somewhere on here we have 6 Corvairs. Guess great minds think alike.

Are you on Corvairforum.com, or Corvaircenter.com? I haven't been on either for a bit, but both good forums.

You must have just got that tank then?

Yes Im on both Corvair Forums, but not very often. Picked up the parts bike last week, the frame and tank are original black and all the other parts are blue.
BIKEPARTS001_zps37e40c58.jpg

IMG_0541_zps0d2b64ed.jpg

Lookin good. The ebay bike has been relisted for $300, spoke with the person they said someone from St Louis offered that so they listed it for that. I cant do that so told em to let me know if it doesnt go through. They come around here and there so Im not to worried, thats a bit of a drive for me anyway.

Well the builds heating up a bit now. Got most all my parts, actually a whole other bike. lol

Got this

D8423F2D.jpg

Tried this.

046AFD3D.jpg

But got this

2AA6C085.jpg

The frame has a bend in it, didnt think it would be that far off. Well, thankfully I have a whole other bike to use for the frame and such. lol.
Gonna move parts to the new frame and try and sell off the left overs. :lol:

Pics when I get to that point. One step forward two steps back.

Thrashed last night and tore down both bikes. And reasembled them along with a bunch of other things that needed to be done. Moved front chainguard mount in on the guard to clear the cranks, and fitted it, that took quite a while. Drilled the forks for the drum brake stay.

AC7D2DCC.jpg

085D6115.jpg

Need:

longer shifter cable.

crescent bars

drop stand clip

pedals

seat

Almost done buying parts, I think. lol.

Nice switcheroo!!!!

Worked on it a bit tonight. Made a drop stand clip.

434E5094_zpsa141ecea.jpg

And made a Schwinn friction shifter fit, even with the truss rods.

E1BB9C19_zps12313fc5.jpg

F2DCF2A9_zps74d93406.jpg

Close to done with mock up / fitting.

Very nice! Hope iI see it this month in person.

Latest posts

Back