41' Henderson straight bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had picked up a ladies Elgin a month or so ago from a guy deep in Marin county. When I picked it up I noticed 4-5 pre war Schwinn straight bar frames hanging in his shop. I took note..... Well, recently I decided to give him a call and see if he'd be willing to part with one, and he bit! Said come on over.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get another frame or two from him in the near future too. I love finds that aren't advertised!

I think I scored here. Original paint black/red. It's in great shape. No breaks or bends and the head badge in in great shape too. The dropouts are perfect too!

My plan is to build a klunker with it. I mean.. it came from Marin where it all started so I think I have to!

What's the difference between frames the have the seat post clamp and ones that just have the "pinch" hole? I though it was an early vs. later thing, but I could swear I've seen earlier frames with the clamp... hmmm.

Last edited:
Nice frame , not a Dx
That is a straight bar frame .

~ Rafael ~

Here is a DX I sold a while back
Notice the two top bars have the same curve.

0622140953b.jpg

I've admired that bike for quite awhile and often wondered how many have copied it..

Back