4th Human Powered Vehicle Festival - September [Ayer MA]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I coulda joined you guys. Look like a fantastic day. The trail looks very scenic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You were missed, Ian.

Most of the ride was through forested areas, with, of all things, a Coke machine right smack in the middle of nowhere – a rather surrealistic experience indeed!

Our rides got a lot of attention at the HPVF, but we did miss the parade as we were still in the middle of our trail ride; nonetheless, it was a day well spent with a great group of NERRB's!

Don't forget that HUGE Anaconda we saw trailside. It must've been 15 feet long and 4" round.

At least that's how I saw it

Oh yea, Flatlanders unite. I agree with you Rick 100% Thanks sooo much for waiting for Jerry and me.
That trail was teriffic with real,senitive ,wildlife and foliage too boot,beautiful.
You guys really opened the sheds and brought a bunch of nice rides and made the Festival what it is!
I' m honored to be a part of this group .Nice work............Stevil

That snake was crazy. Great time and awsome bikes. Nexts year I will make sure we get there on time. Jerry

KZ1000 said:
Don't forget that HUGE Anaconda we saw trailside. It must've been 15 feet long and 4" round.

At least that's how I saw it
There was another snake on the trail, dead, about as round as a pencil and twice as long. It wasn't that one was it?

ZygoteLittle said:
Most of the ride was through forested areas, with, of all things, a Coke machine right smack in the middle of nowhere – a rather surrealistic experience indeed!
Yeah, that was a little weird...... the Coke machine had Pepsi in it.... and those two ladies eating their lunch, watching us and saying nothing, sitting in two of the dozen plastic Adirondack chairs surrounding us. Yeah it did look like some bikeless trip of some kind....... and then we got on our bikes and it disapeared like it never had happened. I guess I shouldn't of ate those wild grapes!

The highlight for me was the look on the faces of the people when they rode our bikes. I had a few small kids looking up at me on my double high tall bike. I would dismount in front of them and ask if they wanted to ride it. The answer was always a big eyed no but when I offered to hold the bike for them to climb up they scurried right up to the top.
There was also a Japanese family that a young lady asked if she could have a picture of her taken next to "The Shadow". What a hoot with all her family taken the picture with all their cameras. I did convince her to sit on my other tallbike as I held it. She was up there smilling away....... a Kodak moment if there ever was one.

Speaking of "The Shadow" ........ it's been three years clinging to my garage ceiling collecting dust. It is still an awesome riding tallbike if I do say so myself..... I wish I had a bigger area to ride it, I would have rode it the whole time.This brings me to thinking of making another tallbike to ride in Ayer next year, I just love riding those things. Maybe riding the trail with it.

Pete

That was just too cool; NERRB's of steel :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen:

Next tallbike
025.jpg

Hope it fits under all the overpasses on the bike trail

On that "next tallbike" of yours, Graylock, it looks like the high bars up front would even protect you somewhat from branches that overhang the rail trail. Even so, you might want to mount a sawzall in front, and send a bill to Nashua River Rail Trail, Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation, for your trimming services after each ride.

Hopefully, you are planning on putting training wheels on that thing, GL! :wink:

I agree Steve on the tall bikes ballance........... but then again what do I know, I'm crazy just to ride that thing. The other bike is a 12 footer and you walk up the ladder while it moves...... yeah, now that's crazy talk.

I think I saw in the vid of someone laying on the ground looking up taking pictures. Who was that and where's the pictures?

My feeling is that StoopidTall was rightly named. It's one righteous ride, but I wouldn't go anywhere near it. The guy who rode it didn't have a helmet on, which makes sense since from that height it wouldn't do any good anyway. Fly or die.

Back