50's Huffy Convertible

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here it is
KGrHqEOKjEE6Y5Yc48eBOtYWsMeQ60_3.jpg

IMG_8336.JPG

Just curious if you have any information or knowledge on this type of bike. I can't find any thing. The tag says it's a huffy convertible, I googled it and your bike is the closest I found. Picked it up in an antique store.

Dug this out of my grandmothers barn in East Texas this Thanksgiving. This was the first bike I ever rode without training wheels. I can still vividly remember my grandfather giving me that forceful shove and the realization that there was no one holding me up! Of course I could barley control the bumpy thing with the hard rubber front tire missing huge chunks and I quickly rammed myself into the barn... but I was hooked.
photo.jpg

The plan is for some tall apes and seat post so I can ride it around until a little kid comes around to claim it. I'll have to find a new set of wheels as I don't think these were meant to accommodation anything other than the hard rubber tires. The lack of a seatpost clamp has me a bit befuddled...
Just curious if you have any information on this bike?

Back