51' Phantom Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought I would post a quick pic of where I am at on the Phantom. Cleaned up the frame today. I plan on putting the crank/sprocket on soon. I have a key coming that should fit. Wish me luck on that one. I dont think im gonna put the front springer fork back on until I give that key a test turn. Hopefully nothing is wrong with the drum. Headset bearing came in a few days ago.
Updates coming....
Thanks everyone for your help!
Red1
5_zps4feb687d.jpg

IMG_0448_zpsc7b12690.jpg

IMG_0452_zpsab454538.jpg

IMG_0450_zpsf416004b.jpg

Looks to be in good shape. Are you planning on taking off the admiral badge and putting on a large oval badge? I'm not totally sure, but I think that's what came on the phantoms.

Not pressuring you, but if you're planning on getting rid of that badge, I might be interested. ;)

Nopers....badge will never move and bike will always remain in my stable. Thanks for the offer though:)........................................................CRANK ON
4_zps96c2f510.jpg

IMG_0991_zpsfc604618.jpg

Absolutely. In fact I covered it with a ziplock bag for my frame clean. Like you said, that's history. Whats also interesting is that I live in Alabama. I would have to think that this bike has never left this state? Oh....to answer the question about whether the head badge is original? I am not a professional there. Perhaps a fellow Rat Rodder would have more insight on that.
Regards,
Red1

Last edited:
Back