53 Schwinn wasp finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 53 Schwinn wasp

thanks guys! I am loving how the frame looks and have found several images of the wasp emblem etc. while buzzing around the internet. will be making the decals with the help of my wife real soon

Troy

got the springer fork painted and clear coated the rods just need to degrease the spring bracket and reassemble.
IMG_0098_zps467e98df.jpg

IMG_0097_zpsb8b6a02f.jpg

IMG_0096_zps93c81fb4.jpg

will work on fabricating a new rubber bumper for the spring bolt tomorrow and doing the pin stripe on the fork.

its not much have had to wait for the paint to dry but here is the frame and fork will start assembly in 3 days when i get back home. also will paint the fenders and chain guard.

IMG_0108_zps58a8fbc1.jpg

IMG_0107_zps59f89ab2.jpg

IMG_0106_zps6aff4c05.jpg

My Daughter after her first ride on her reconditioned Sprite 27. we went 5 miles and she chose the dress cause it would look good. this is the bike she is planning to take to college, with the addition of a rack and some fenders.
(Photo approved by my daughter)
IMG_0109_zpsfbb06d86.jpg

(she did not want her helmet in the picture and made sure there was no helmet hair LOL)

Troy

bin a while since i posted here but have been working on paint and decals etc. the last piece is in place and here are the pictures!
IMG_0217_zpsb2adcd59.jpg

IMG_0216_zps6b351af4.jpg

there is a smudge on the second picture but it wiped off. will start assembly tomorrow and hopefully complete it!. This is a single owner bike that its owner got when he was 12.

Troy

Started assembly this afternoon but ran out of time so will finish it in a few days. have some over spray on one of the rear fender stays that i will clean off also. working on the rims now. will post the finished bike soon!!

as it has sat for the last 4 days
IMG_0252_zps00381a86.jpg

IMG_0257_zps83f86d30.jpg

IMG_0259_zps7db3925e.jpg

IMG_0255_zpsd1489351.jpg

the shop is a mess have been kinda busy getting family, friends, and other bikes ready for spring!

LukeTheJoker said:
Looking awesome! Your patience and skill at painting is obvious!
thank you very much
Luke.

got it done early this morning so here are some pics!

so took over to my friend's house its his bike. It was alot of fun seeing him ride it. Bob is 72 and still loves to ride!!

Nice restore. I would like to have that much patience to do a bike like that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dracothered said:
Nice job... now remember to give your wife some extra love for letting you paint in her bathroom. :lol: :lol: :lol:
done and done!!!!!!!!!!! plus now I have to remodle it :D she is a great women and very very patient! Plus she lets me keep up to 12 bikes for short times in the house with a regular 4-5 bikes at all times! thanks again to Momma Jats

Troy

jats said:
dracothered said:
Nice job... now remember to give your wife some extra love for letting you paint in her bathroom. :lol: :lol: :lol:
done and done!!!!!!!!!!! plus now I have to remodle it :D she is a great women and very very patient! Plus she lets me keep up to 12 bikes for short times in the house with a regular 4-5 bikes at all times! thanks again to Momma Jats

Troy
You are a lucky man and don't go forgetting that.... HAHAHA

thank you very much! it was a fun build and my friend was very happy to get it. My wife is a very special women to put up with me!!!!

Troy

its snowing again oh well guess I should start planning my build off bike

Troy

Back