59 Hornet 'Custom' Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought I'd show you all what I have been up too....finally getting it 'finished' this week.

This was my Dad's old bike 'rebuilt' by a farmer in SEMO sometime in the 80s.

Lots of Sand Plasted parts.

All Primered up.

Getting some paint on...yep Red,Black and Chrome my favorite colors...:)

Here are the wheels after getting all that white paint off of them....yep it was a lot of work.
The rear rim is not in great condition but I might look for a 3speed setup for it in the future.

Ordered my new whitewall tires, decals, and black grips...doing some re-assembly tonight and will hopefully have it riding this weekend. This bike had led a pretty hard life was not a garage queen.

Diggin it. Yes red, black, and chrome is the best color combo in my honest opinion.

Some assembly last night....may need a new seat....may need new fenders have to see what these look like when I get the new tires.

Still need to get a seat and I know a guy that does pin striping so I'm going to get him to lay some lines. Just got to get it out and see how it rides. The front and rear hub are too loose need to fix that before I can ride it. Also seems like a lot of 'slack' between when you left off the brake and start to pedal. Not sure how to take up that slack.

Back