64' Spaceliner Firefighter (FINISHED!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a gal on our local fire dept. request a Fire Fighting themed bike.So im gonna give it a shot.
Using a 26" 1964 Sears Spaceliner in great shape I have stripped the frame and got paint on it.Plan to hunt down a small fire Extinguisher to mount in the frame like a tank and a frame mount first aid kit and some other tidbits.Time will tell how it comes out.

As found
1964searsspaceliner.jpg

Frame in 4 coats of IH red enamel.
finds009.jpg

the chrome on the spring was shot on the fork so I painted it too.
finds010.jpg

rear rack dissasembled and painted with silver stripe.I think i will redo the stripe in white.
finds011.jpg

she wants a lowrider fork.Luckily I think it will set the girls frame off well.
finds013.jpg

Prepping wheels for red paint,scrub and scuff first.
finds012.jpg

Re: 64' Spaceliner for female Firefighter.

Nice build, I'll be watching! :wink:

Very nice! Looking forward to following this one :)

That ride is looking super HOT :D

Cool! I am kind of fond of spaceliners myself! This is lookin awesome so far! 8)

some updates,,wew--long day

buffin' chainguard
Firebike006.jpg

lucky seven with polished chainguard.For now Im leaving the original spaceliner screen to show the bikes roots.
Firebike013.jpg

Loose fit to get a feel of how it will look.
Firebike007.jpg

Firebike009.jpg

Planning on a red seat and side mounted tool boxes among other things.

pick said:
Cool! I am kind of fond of spaceliners myself! This is lookin awesome so far! 8)
+1
Like the bent springer on it, haven't seen that setup before on one.
Looking forward to see the painted rims.

lookin good man ....im not sure about the bent springer ...almost looks like it needs a bigger front wheel ....i guess it will look differnt with a tire tho ....nice work !!! MIKE

mikesbikes36 said:
lookin good man ....im not sure about the bent springer ...almost looks like it needs a bigger front wheel ....i guess it will look differnt with a tire tho ....nice work !!! MIKE
those are 26" rims.Id preffer a normal springer but she saw the lowrider springer and liked it.Maybe she will change her mind after its all done.Id like to have longer cranks on it for her but I am limited with the setup as is.

mounting of the hose end on the springer
good ole 2 stage epoxy
Firebike028.jpg

mounted and duct taped into place.(this was a mess to do while holding nozzle with one hand and fighting duct tape with the other lol)
Firebike029.jpg

Here it is finished
Firebike031.jpg

full view
Firebike032.jpg

Ha, the nozzle up front is a great touch. I'm excited to see the extinguisher when it comes into fruition.

Jpromo said:
Ha, the nozzle up front is a great touch. I'm excited to see the extinguisher when it comes into fruition.
Its on its way.Its a very small antique brass one.
The extinguisher probably wont mount like a tank would but rather in the same area of the frame .

Re: 64' Spaceliner Firefighter

chrome chain,white pedals
Firebike034.jpg

Very close tolerance,luckily the fork had already been modified to accept 26x 2.125 tires
Firebike035.jpg

Kenda 26x2.125 balloon tires mounted.
Im hoping to keep with chrome wheels instead of red paint on them.I think the chrome makes it pop.
Firebike033.jpg

Re: 64' Spaceliner Firefighter

Really awesome! I like all of the chrome! It's helpful for me to see the lowrider springer with a 26" tire, thinking about using one on a project down the road. I used one on a lowrider with a 20", but I like it with the 26"! Great bike!!

Back