66 stingray chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pictures of my 66 stingray. I bought this bike at a flea market around 1989 for 25 bucks. It was poorly spry bombed 2 tone blue with some crazy seat on it. I had first turned it into a drag style bike with straight bars. Around 92 or so I made it a chopper. The fork was lengthened with electrical conduit. A short shifter handle was fabbed with a skull shift knob from the motorcycle shop my dad worked at. The frame was drilled for cable routing and powder coated black. Just recently dug it out of my parents garage and relocated it to my house. Planning on changing it up some over the winter. After this ones done I have to build a boardtrack racer!!
stuff010.jpg

stuff012.jpg

stuff011.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I hear ya!

I spent a month in fourth grade riding back and forth to school on a front wheel with no bearings, had some well lubed fender washer instead!

I remember being at a friends house one day and we cut the leggs off what we thought to be an old table (50's chrome legged table) and making fork extentions out of them. I don't think we saw that guy for a month after that, he was in major trouble. But we had sweet chrome forks.

Back